[FX.php List] Web publishing issues with Windows IIS and FileMaker 13 Server - FIXED

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Mar 2 15:13:05 MST 2015

Well, I managed to solve this by the same method I use on my Mac servers:

I had the client leave the FMS machine as it is, with a 1-machine WPE install;
Then he put the website on a 2nd machine running IIS, and because my PHP data already pointed to the FMS Web Publishing Engine, it came right up. Just as with my Mac servers, FMS 13 doesn’t seem to like having the web server on the same machine, unless you’re just doing WebDirect.

Very irritating; took us all day to finally find a fix for it, after searching all over the web app for non-existent errors.

This needs to be fixed, both on the Mac and on Windows. I should be able to run Mac OS X Server and use its features, alongside FileMaker Server 13.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
615-333-6858
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: bobpatin at me.com
Twitter: bobpatin