[FX.php List] FX Distribution -- A request for feedback

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Mon Jun 22 17:47:15 MDT 2015

Greetings!

I recently created a development branch of FX.php on the github site.  This is really long overdue, and it will give people a change to look at new things before they're released.  That said, you still have to look at what's there to provide quality feedback =)

So, here are some things to look at:

1) The FX Parser has been updated, and is now more integrated into the release (some of the documentation was getting really outdated.)

2) There is now a Documentation directory where nice, new documentation is being created.  The new docs are HTML/CSS/JS to be more easily updated by those who find mistakes.  And as those are the front end technologies being used by most FX.php developers, I thought it made sense.  The FX Parser documentation has been integrated into a "Getting Started" portion of the docs.  Also, some language has been more generalized to better reflect that fact that FX.php doesn't just connect to FileMaker (this is important as FX is part of the supporting structure for KeenMVC, which I am still working on...) The function documentation will be making its way into the new format, too.

3) I've been working on cleaning up problems in the code, and ensuring consistency across data source support.

At any rate, have a look around, and let me know what you think.  There seem to be ever more FileMaker Web Developers, and I'm trying to support them better.

Thanks for everything!

--Chris Hansen