[FX.php List] 13 client, 12 server PDF container gotcha

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Fri Mar 28 07:51:39 MDT 2014

Howdy

Just thought I'd share a frustration that wasted most of my morning.

If you're using containers (embedded or external), and you're trying to output the content to the web using any of the regular methods (API or FX, since both end up pulling through the XML interface), if a PDF is placed into the container using FM13 client, when the file is hosted on an FMS12, all that your downloaded PDF will contains are the letters 'PDF'...

If you put the file in there using FM 12 client all is well...

Hope this saves someone a headache...

Cheers
Steve

Steve Winter