[FX.php List] Ongoing saga of FMS 13 and FX.php... still no luck

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Tue Mar 25 11:12:23 MDT 2014

This didn't even occur to me to be a problem since we use a separate web server for our sites, but FMS 13 now takes over the web server on the WPE machine (previous versions do not seem to exert this much control). The documentation has changed from previous versions:
https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fms13_getting_started.pdf

--
FileMaker Server requires a web server in all deployments. The web server serves web
publishing clients, hosts the web-based Admin Console application, and handles some data

There is also a special section for OS X on page 68:
--
You do not need to enable the Apache web server that is installed with OS X, nor do you need to
have the OS X Server application installed. In fact, the FileMaker Server installer creates its own

If you have the OS X Server application installed and use it to enable any HTTP services (for
example, websites or the wiki), the existing Apache instance may be re-enabled after
FileMaker Server is installed. Therefore to ensure the Apache instance used by FileMaker Server
works normally, you may need to configure any other HTTP services to use different ports from
the ports that FileMaker Server uses, disable other HTTP services, or uninstall the OS X Server
application.
--

Andrew Denman