[FX.php List] Ongoing saga of FMS 13 and FX.php... still no luck

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Fri Mar 21 15:37:28 MDT 2014

FileMaker Server 13 doesn't *install* its own version of Apache, but it
does run it's own *instance* of Apache separate from OS X Server's.

	- John

On 3/21/14, 5:33 PM, Dale Bengston wrote:
> FileMaker can be allowed to install its own version of PHP, but does
> not install Apache.
>
> Bob, it seems like you’re throwing the baby out with the bathwater to
>  abandon FX over this.
>
> On Mar 21, 2014, at 3:23 PM, Nick <whatdoyouwant at gmail.com
> <mailto:whatdoyouwant at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Can you tell if your mac's web sharing is on, or you have mac
>> server installed with websites on?  From what I understand on the
>> mac, FileMaker uses its own apache server, and if the mac one is
>> running then it will interfere.  It seems likely as none of the
>> ports are working for you - i.e. port 16000 for admin...
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Bob Patin <bob at patin.com
>> <mailto:bob at patin.com>> wrote:
>>
>> I think it's time for me to revisit the API for writing on the FMS
>> 13 machines; I've only written a few sites with it, love working in
>> FX, but this is so frustrating...
>>
>> BP
>>

>> On Mar 21, 2014, at 1:20 PM, Dale Bengston <dale.bengston at gmail.com
>> <mailto:dale.bengston at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> A quick look through this doc didn’t turn up anything obvious.
>> The URL looks good - it matches the samples given here:
>>> https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fms13_cwp_xml.pdf
>>>
>>> I just tried to push a whole bunch of tests through to your
>> server, just to see if I could get it to fail in a different way.
>> All returned the same error.
>>>
>>> No username and password:
>>>
>> http://fms4.longtermsolutions.com/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wpe_test.fmp12&-lay=data&-max=3&-findall
>>

>>> No database file extension:
>>>
>> http://web:pass@fms4.longtermsolutions.com/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wpe_test&-lay=data&-max=3&-findall
>>

>>> No -max parameter:
>>>
>> http://web:pass@fms4.longtermsolutions.com/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wpe_test.fmp12&-lay=data&-findall
>>

>>> Fiddled to perform -find instead of -findall:
>>>
>> http://web:pass@fms4.longtermsolutions.com/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wpe_test.fmp12&-lay=data&-recid-=1&-find
>>

>>> Looking again at the error message: "The requested URL
>>> /fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml was not found on
>> this server."
>>>
>>> … makes me wonder if it’s a problem with mod-rewrite rules in
>> Apache.
>>>
>>> Dale

>> http://web:pass@fms4.longtermsolutions.com/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wpe_test.fmp12&-lay=data&-max=3&-findall

>> how FMS 13 handles web stuff, and it's not finding the proper
>> page...

>> 208.52.164.174... it fails too.

>> FX.php with FMS 13 at this point.

>> in a web browser?

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions         800.664.8610 919.338.8198

         Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers