[FX.php List] Trouble with fx.php and update from FMSA11 to FMS13

Dale Bengston dale.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 11:02:28 MDT 2014

Getting a little off-topic here but I have a brainless trick for getting FileMaker permissions right on OS X.

1. After you’ve copied database files in place, go up a directory level to the Databases folder.
2. Do a Get Info.
3. Click the little lock in the lower right corner to unlock permissions (you’ll be asked to type your admin password).
4. Click on the little gear icon and select "Apply to Enclosed Items…”.

Since the Databases folder’s permissions are set correctly, they will ripple to the files you just copied in. I don’t even know what the permissions are supposed to be any more. I just let the parent folder handle it.

Hope this saves at least one person a few minutes,
Dale