[FX.php List] [OFF] Need help creating a reverse DNS zone

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Tue Mar 18 10:53:45 MDT 2014

You need to be sure your provider has assigned the authority for the
reverse records to you, or that they create the reverse records on their
end of things if they can't/won't.

	- John

On 3/18/14, 12:48 PM, Bob Patin wrote:
> Well, I run my own mail server, so I have to take care of those
> things; you’re right that last time my ISP did it for me (had
> forgotten that), so I may see if I can get some help in that corner
> again.
>
> I tried adding it myself, but apparently I have something wrong
> because it’s not showing as authoritative…
>
> BP
>
> Bob Patin Longterm Solutions bob at longtermsolutions.com
> <mailto:bob at longtermsolutions.com> 615-333-6858 FileMaker 9, 10, 11 &
> 12 Certified Developer http://www.longtermsolutions.com - iChat:
> bobpatin at me.com <mailto:bobpatin at me.com> Twitter: bobpatin —
> FileMaker Consulting FileMaker Hosting for all versions of FileMaker
> PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
> Consulting
>
> On Mar 18, 2014, at 11:41 AM, jschwartz <jschwartz at exit445.com
> <mailto:jschwartz at exit445.com>> wrote:
>

>> As far as I know, this is done by the provider of your internet
>> service.....sometimes begrudgingly.  Have you gone that route?

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions         800.664.8610 919.338.8198

         Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers