[FX.php List] Moving from Mac OS to Windows 7

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 27 14:57:44 MDT 2014

Here’s what I did: I did a single-machine install, because OS X Server doesn’t play well with FM Server 13 (doesn’t play at all, in fact).

SO… if you MUST use Mavericks, don’t install Server, but instead put the website either in FM Server’s buried folder (I forget the path offhand, but it’s buried a hundred levels deep), OR, and this is my preference, host the website on a separate machine and just point your web app to the WPE on your FMS 13 machine.

FMI needs to fix FMS 13 so that it works with OS X Server. Today one of my FMS 13 machines geeked completely and now i can’t do any web publishing on it at all, other than WebDirect; the test page even fails… not happy about it.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
615-333-6858
FileMaker 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 Certified Developer
http://www.longtermsolutions.com
-
iChat: bobpatin at me.com
Twitter: bobpatin