[FX.php List] Off: Reproducing FileMaker style operators in mySQL

jschwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Jul 25 15:42:05 MDT 2014

Folks,

We FileMaker users are spoiled in that the capability to insert comparison operators in a field search is built into the UI which extends through to the WPE.

I am migrating a FileMaker Web Publishing solution to mySQL and I don’t see that same capability being readily available.

One colleague suggested that I would need to detect, parse and rebuild the query.  I guess it’s not impossible.

I would need to detect “>”, “<“ and the “…” characters, then go from there.

Seems like someone would gone this route before.

Any suggestions show to approach?

Thanks

Jonathan