[FX.php List] [OFF] FM API Standalone [WAS: Some Community Updates]

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 30 20:36:29 MST 2014

Hi Ted

The page you link to refers to the termination of the *beta* version of the API that came out before the official release with FMS9 in 2007.

I have not heard anything about the standalone being discontinued or even deprecated.

Have you seen that somewhere else?

With FMS12, the 3-machine deployment & the 2-machine "alternative" deployment were deprecated, but not the standalone.
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11468/

The page "Manually installing the FileMaker API for PHP" doesn't mention discontinuation, although it does link to that earlier page (this time with the word "beta" in the link):
http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6531/

FMS13 comes with the FM_API_for_PHP_Standalone.zip as previous versions have done, and it does work on a web server that does not have FMS13 installed.

It would definitely be a concern if FMI were to discontinue the standalone of their API.  Please let me know if you've heard/seen this somewhere else.

Thanks,
-Joel