[FX.php List] 'Script activation' difference after upgrade

David david.buck at seachem.com
Mon Feb 3 14:35:44 MST 2014

Hi,

Just posting this apparent change in behavior on upgrading in case this helps someone else.

I upgraded from

FX.php version 4 on FMSA Advanced 11
FX.php version 6 on FMSA Advanced 12

On one of my pages I have a link sending multiple parameters (piped) to a FileMaker Script. The script runs and resulting data is returned and displayed.

Before the upgrade the script was called/triggered using ->DoFXAction(FX_ACTION_FIND). This had worked for years.

However, after upgrading no data was returned to php when the script was run. The error code 400, "Find criteria not specified", was returned in debugging. I created a log within the script in FM to check if the script was even being called. It was not.

After significant trial and error (and searching back in the list - thanks to Chris H for a 2012 post he made)  I found that generating the interaction with FileMaker using ->DoFXAction('show_any') makes it work again.

HTH,

Regards,

David.