[FX.php List] Request for Help Addressing a Potential FileMaker Server Bug

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Fri Apr 11 08:22:19 MDT 2014

On Apr 10, 2014, at 6:14 PM, Andrew Denman <adenman at tmea.org> wrote:

> Where are they seeing the requests stay open? In the 'Clients' view on the Admin Console?
>
> There I see them pop up and then disappear after a while (within about a minute of connecting), but we only use FX.php so I don't have a FMAPI page to compare the behavior.
>
> For some reason I'm thinking that in version 11 or 12 they changed the 'Clients' view to show web connections a little longer than they were actually connected because people complained they would flash by too quickly to see. Don't see that mentioned in a quick glance the documentation, though.

I’ve noticed this with FileMaker Server Advanced 12 - in the Admin Console it shows that there is one connection to a database, and it can ONLY be a web publishing connection since I know that no one is connected by FileMaker Pro. I’m almost ashamed to say I’m still using the FMWebSchool BlackBelt for my sites which uses FX.php (but hey, it works for me still).

But apart from showing that there is a connection, I’ve noticed when attempting to Close such a database (so I can Remove it and upload a new version) that the Admin Console reports that there is a user connected and I need to send a message to the user asking them to close the database.

Roger