[FX.php List] [OFF] Slow response when sending PHP email?

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu May 9 12:32:50 MDT 2013

Hi Bob

You don't see slower page loading when you include PHP mailing -- compared to the same page without emailing?  (or you just never checked?)  For me, adding in the mailing adds at least a couple/few additional seconds before the page will load.

Yeah, I've also seen that adding multiple new records is probably the slowest thing with CWP, and also found that calling an FM script instead to do the record creation is a LOT faster.  (I even blogged about it :).  I haven't, though, tested this in FM12.  Have you had a chance to see if adding multiple new records in FM12 is still really slow?

And lastly, out of curiosity, why don't you like to email from FMS?  I've given up my earlier belief that everything has to be pure PHP, and have toyed w/ the idea of calling an FM script from the PHP to have FMS send smtp emails.  I do realize this puts an additional load on the DB server -- as opposed to on the Web server...

Thanks,
-Joel