[FX.php List] API: PHP not doing Garbage Collection of sess_ files in Windows/Temp

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Tue Mar 26 14:49:07 MDT 2013

Hi Folks,

In troubleshooting a Web Publishing problem, I discovered over 2 Millions "sess_" files in the C:\Windows'Temp folder, dating back to when the server was first installed.  In short, the initial problem was solved when I deleted a portion of the files.  It seems that PHP was unable to create a session due to the condition of the folder. Now it can.

My attention is now turned to why Garbage Collection isn't working on the files in this folder.  The php.ini is stock from FileMaker Web Publishing deployment, including path and GC settings. Session.save_Path is "No Value", which is default. I don't believe that the Windows/Temp folder has been altered.  I don't see any php errors relating to failure to to access the folder.  It can certainly create the records.  They are just not being deleted.

I have two other Windows systems that are maintaing the proper files level as expected.

All machines are FMS 12. and Windows Server 2008 R2

Any suggestions?

PLAN B is to use a Scheduled Task to manually delete the stale sess files, but I'd rather figure this one out.

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan Schwartz
jschwartz at exit445.com