[FX.php List] [ off ] Quick JQuery question

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sun Jun 30 12:31:44 MDT 2013

I have a function that adds an element to an array; after that happens I want to do this

	reload a main page;
	reload a subsidiary page that takes the array and makes a table out of it

Sometimes it works right, sometimes not, when I use this line:

	// process GUEST_ADD form
	$('.content').delegate('#guestform', 'submit', function(){
		var str = $('#guestform').serialize();
		$('.content').fadeOut(200).load('guest_process.php?'+str).load('guest.php').fadeIn(200);
		window.scrollTo(0, 0);
		return false;
	});

So as you can see, I'm submitting a form, processing it with "guest_process.php"; then, I want to reload "guest.php" which in turn calls a page that loads in my array as a table.

I'm thinking that the 2nd LOAD needs to wait for the first to finish, is that correct, and if so, how do I write it? I vaguely recall having to do this in a page on another project, but can't find the code now.

Thanks for any help,

Bob

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
--
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker