[FX.php List] [OFF] Basic SSL & DNS clarification

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Fri Feb 15 06:34:38 MST 2013

> Yes to both. Multihosting SSL sites on a single IP requires browser
> support, but it is supported by all the modern browsers. See
> http://serverfault.com/questions/109800/multiple-ssl-domains-on-the-same-ip-address-and-same-port.

I would not recommend multihoming SSL sites on one IP address (we don't
do such here).  See incompatibilities at:

http://www.howtoforge.com/hosting-multiple-ssl-web-sites-on-one-ip-address-with-apache-2.2-and-gnutls-debian-lenny

The biggest one being that it won't work with XP.

	- John

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions         800.664.8610 919.338.8198

         Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers