[FX.php List] OFF: Talking to SOAP Web Services

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Fri Dec 13 09:27:47 MST 2013

Jonathan,

I haven't touched soap for a while (wow, that would sound really socially bad out of context...)  That said, I can think how I'd tackle the problem: I wouldn't make FileMaker do it directly, I'd use PHP since it has lots of stuff built-in for SOAP stuff:

http://php.net/manual/en/book.soap.php

In the past, a trick I've used is the ImportXML script step to connect to a PHP page that does all the work.  Basically, all that gets imported is a log record (formatted as appropriate XML, of course.)  Any reading and writing actually happens via PHP (on both sides).

Anyway, just a thought.  YMMV

Best,

--Chris