[FX.php List] Anyone done a PHP integration w/ Paypal?

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Thu Dec 5 10:34:02 MST 2013

We used to store cards for recurring billing.

Even encrypting in a local database won't satisfy the PCI gods to get
you out of SAQ D and a QSA audit.

	- John

On 12/5/13 12:25 PM, Bob Patin wrote:
> For clients I never let them store cards in the database; all we ever
> store are the last 4 digits of their cards.
>
> FileMaker 13 introduced the ability to encrypt data from inside the
> database; I haven’t found the command yet or tried it, but this is a
> welcome addition.
>

> Bob Patin
> Longterm Solutions
> bob at longtermsolutions.com <mailto:bob at longtermsolutions.com>
> 615-333-6858
> FileMaker 9, 10, 11 & 12 Certified Developer
> http://www.longtermsolutions.com
> -
> iChat: bobpatin at me.com <mailto:bobpatin at me.com>
> Twitter: bobpatin
>> FileMaker Consulting
> FileMaker Hosting for all versions of FileMaker
> PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting
>
> On Dec 5, 2013, at 11:02 AM, John May <jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
> <mailto:jmaymailing at pointinspace.com>> wrote:
>
>> Watch out, this is changing quickly!
>>
>> We had to change things here by no longer storing credit cards locally
>> to move from a SAQ D to a SAQ C questionnaire.  If we didn't do this,
>> we would have had to hire a QSA auditing company to do a manual audit
>> of our systems and compliance.
>>
>> This is the first year this applied, and took us by surprise.  Just
>> like HIPPA requirements, PCI is getting more and more stringent by the
>> day. The ironic thing is it's all the big companies getting the
>> databases of credit cards stolen...

John May : President                   http://www.pointinspace.com/
Point In Space Internet Solutions         800.664.8610 919.338.8198

         Professional FileMaker Pro, MySQL, PHP & Lasso Hosting
           on shared, virtual and hardware dedicated servers