[FX.php List] Connecting PHP Web Pages with ODBC

dealTek dealtek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 13:32:32 MDT 2013

Hi John and all,

Thanks for all the help....

using 1.8.3 mac

now FM Pro advanced 11 with updated odbc from FM - file is open and ODBC is on for this user (I will move to fmserver soon)

ODBC Manager will not store SYSTEM DSN - hmmm maybe permissions issue? how do I fix this?

Glyn mentioned to use System level DSN so I'll try that when I fix permissions?

so I'm using USER DSN - which does pass tests

odbc datasource name = myuserdsn
fm database = test1
table = mytable

(with 2 fields = first and last)

the error says:

Warning: odbc_connect() [function.odbc-connect]: SQL error: [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in /Users/revdave/Sites/multisite-general/odbc1/z1.php on line 34
Connection Failed:

<?php

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE);

$dbname = 'test1';
$username = 'web';
$pass = 'web';

$conn=odbc_connect('$dbname','$username','$pass'); //set the parameters for the connection
if (!$conn)
 {exit("Connection Failed: " . $conn);} //exit if the connection fails

$sql="select * from mytable"; //set the sql statement

$rs=odbc_exec($conn,$sql); //call the connection with the statement
if (!$rs)
 {exit("Error in SQL");} //exit if thesql is bad

// get the field data from the result
while (odbc_fetch_row($rs))
{
       $field_one=odbc_result($rs,"first");
       $field_two=odbc_result($rs,"last");

echo $field_one."   ". $field_two ."\n"; // show the data on your web page
}

odbc_close($conn);
?>