[FX.php List] SSL and FileMaker Server 11

Dale Bengston dale.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:19:14 MDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope all is well with you and yours.

I have a two-machine setup, where FMS11 and the WPE are on the same machine (OSX 10.6.8), and the web server (Apache) is on a second machine. I would like to encrypt the traffic between Apache (using PHP/FX.php) and FMS11. I understand that I can put the *site* under https and use port 443 instead of port 80, but my recollection of what happens to the data traffic to FMS11 is fuzzy.

I'm assuming it's still unencrypted, right? Nothing magical about using FX.php and port 443 on the overall site will make the FMS traffic encrypted... right?

Sorry, thick on the mechanics... been a few years since I set up a FileMaker/web system. What are my options for encrypting the FileMaker data traffic?

Thanks,
Dale

PS This has nothing to do with the check-box in the Admin console for encrypting client-server traffic. Client-server usage has no bearing on my project.

 --
Dale Bengston
Streamline Studio, LLC