[FX.php List] Catch FileMaker Server before it dies?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sat May 26 10:51:33 MDT 2012

Here's the entire page (with all but one server removed for brevity) for each FM server that I use; as you'll see, I do a simple FINDALL to see if it responds, and if it doesn't, it'll send me an email; if it succeeds, it updates the page, on which I have each server displayed, and the last time the test occurred.

A simple META REFRESH reloads the page every 5 minutes, which runs the test.

Sending SMS is rather easy; it's just an email SEND, but to an AT&T email address (phone#@txt.att.net). Here is a list of all the various email addresses for US carriers:

AT&T: number at txt.att.net
Qwest: number at qwestmp.com
T-Mobile: number at tmomail.net
Verizon: number at vtext.com
Sprint: number at messaging.sprintpcs.com or number at pm.sprint.com
Virgin Mobile: number at vmobl.com
Nextel: number at messaging.nextel.com
Alltel: number at message.alltel.com
Metro PCS: number at mymetropcs.com
Powertel: number at ptel.com
Boost Mobile: number at myboostmobile.com
Suncom: number at tms.suncom.com
Tracfone: number at mmst5.tracfone.com
U.S. Cellular: number at email.uscc.net
There's a mail_function page that is included in this as well; if anyone wants it, email me back-channel and I'll be glad to send it to you. I got it from someone years ago and have used it for all my mail-sending in PHP.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="300;url=http://www.longtermsolutions.com/uptest2.php">
<link href="includes/uptest_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<title>WPE Uptest</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" class="verd6p">
WEB PUBLISHING ENGINE<br>
LAST TEST: <?php echo date("m/d/Y h:i A"); ?>  <br>
NEXT TEST: <?php echo date("m/d/Y h:i A" , time() + 300 ); ?></div>

<?php
error_reporting(0);

include_once('FX/FX.php');
include_once('FX/server_data.php');
include_once('mail_function.php');

// fms2 ------------------------------------------------------------------
$machine = "fms2";
$serverIP = "xs2.longtermsolutions.com";

$now = strtotime(date("h:i:s"));

// load data
$q =new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort, $dataType, $scheme);
$q->SetDBData('wpe_test.fp7','data' );
$q->SetDBPassword($testpw,$testun);
$qResult = $q->FMFindAll();

$later = strtotime(date("h:i:s"));

if ($later - $now > 3){
	$color = "#FFADA7";
	$message = $machine." IS NOT FUNCTIONAL.";

   	// send email
    $body = $machine.": ".$message."\n";
    $body .= "Tested: ".date("m/d/Y h:i:s A");
    $to="bob at patin.com";
    $from="info@*********";
    $subject='Server '.$machine.' Reply Test at '.date("m/d/Y h:i:s A");
    $replyto=$from;
    sock_mail(1, $to, $subject , $body, $replyto , $from);
   	// send sms
    $body = $machine.": ".$message." -- ".date("m/d/Y h:i:s A");
    $to="615*******@txt.att.net";
    $from="info@***********";
    $subject='Server '.$machine.' Reply Test at '.date("m/d/Y h:i:s A");
    $replyto=$from;
    sock_mail(1, $to, $subject , $body, $replyto , $from);
}else{
	$color = "#ABFCAE";
	$message = "OK";
    $body = $machine.": ".$message." -- ".date("m/d/Y h:i:s A");
}

echo '<div class="message" style="background-color:'.$color.'">'.nl2br($body).'</div>';

// other servers would go here...

?>

</BODY>
</HTML>