[FX.php List] Re-That sinking feeling: FileMaker 12 & FX ?

BEVERLY VOTH beverlyvoth at gmail.com
Fri May 11 10:57:54 MDT 2012

Love you Steve, really I do! I just want to make sure everyone is clear.

1. These have been deprecated (or removed) in FMSERVER12 (including Advanced):

	a. XSLT custom web publishing (import and export with XML/XSLT have NOT been removed!)
	b. XSLT Site Assistant (because of #a)
	c. PHP Site assistant (having NOTHING to do with anything, afaik!)

2. These have been available and are STILL available in FMSERVER12 (including Advanced):

	a. FMPXMLRESULT (this is or *should be* the same grammar as the export XML)
	b. FMPXMLLAYOUT (personally, I've never used this one)
	c. fmresultset (used by the PHP Site assistant when there was one, and must be installed)

*note: #a & #b have been available for a lot longer than #c...

3. The "API" uses fmresultset grammar and since there is no Site Assistant, you're on your own. The necessary files are installed, IF you choose to install PHP with FMS. There is a PDF on it, "FileMaker Server 12 Custom Web Publishing with PHP". And you may choose to not install PHP with FMS, if you already have PHP. See p. 11 of this guide "Manually installing the FileMaker API for PHP".

4. FX.php uses the FMPXMLRESULT (and FMPXMLLAYOUT). Chris queried us for opinions on including fmresultset with FX.php, btw. I'd vote for "maybe".

5. You and all web developers are absolutely free to 'roll-your-own' with any and all of these grammars. (once they fix the bugger with FMPXMLRESULT!) See the "FileMaker Server 12 Custom Web Publishing with XML" for more information on ALL these grammars.

Tip: get both of the guides mentioned above.

FMI has said they are fixing the bug with FMPXMLRESULT (web publishing). Yaaaaaay! As for testing, who knows WHY this got missed. I don't think the other grammars got 'more attention'.

The "core" without installing the API is FMPXMLRESULT & FMPXMLLAYOUT. :)

Beverly