[FX.php List] That sinking feeling: FileMaker 12 & FX ?

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Mon May 7 16:13:56 MDT 2012

I converted my databases to FMP 12 over the weekend, and pointed the web server to FMS12. Everything seemed to be working fine, quicker even, so instead of testing further, I went ahead and went live with it. Go ahead and shake your head.

FileMaker Pro 12 client and Advanced are behaving, but something is terribly wrong with my web interface. It's not impossible that this problem existed before I switched to 12, but I really think someone would have reported it, or I'd have seen it.

At first I thought it was trouble with the results arrays just coming from portals, but now I see some other things, like simple finds (no portals at all) returning empty results went I know a couple of records should be returned. But enough works that I didn't notice it right away.

The portal problem is like this... it seemed like certain fields on the layout in the portal weren't being returned ("Undefined index" errors), and sure enough, using print_r() to show the returned results, the needed field name is NOT included in the results... but guess what, expected the data value (value in the field in FM) _is_ included, but according to the array it's attributed wrongly to a DIFFERENT field name in a DIFFERENT portal.

I expect some sort of mis-mapping of fields is happening to mess up the simple find, too.

HAS ANYONE heard of anything like this? This is really bad. I better take the site down, who knows what data is being presented where.

-Troy