[FX.php List] Google-type search across tables?

Malcolm Fitzgerald malcolm at notyourhomework.net
Tue Mar 27 19:29:19 MDT 2012

On 28/03/2012, at 11:23 AM, Chris Hansen wrote:

> Adding to Webko's excellent thoughts, about optimization, you might also consider using SetDBData's fourth parameter to specify a return layout:
>
> SetDBData ($database, $layout, $groupSize, $responseLayout)
>
> That way, you could optimize both search, and display.  You could even use some of PHP's nice text parsing to replace the search term in those returned results with a highlighted version thereof...

The FMP API pushes all search results through a "prettifier" by default. Not good and the very reason that I moved to FX.

I had built my first web app with FMP API and soon after delivery it broke. I didn't know about the prettifier then. We discovered that our client was using searches that coincided with the key data we were returning. Instead of having a nice list of keys of fixed length and defined structure we had a jumble of HTML.

I expected:

CAT001
DOG002
CAT002