[FX.php List] [Off re:API]106 Table is missing

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Mar 19 17:10:08 MDT 2012

Hi Tim

Thanks for the reply…

> Never tried that approach…

I've never had difficulties in the past, and have used this technique quite a bit because it saves on double-queries...

> Two things:
> Are new records allowed to be created through the relationship? I assume yes, but worth checking

Good shout, but sadly, yes (sadly because that might have been the answer, and then it would work ;-)

> And instinctively, I question whether a new (child) record can be created with an Edit command - I always use two queries to do something like this.

Thinking about it, I wonder if it only works when also creating the parent record at the same time… I know I can edit child records with this approach, and am sure I've created them this way too…

> And for invoicing, I tend to use FM calculations to determine if it the invoice is *really* paid (as most of my systems allow part payment), so I'd actually only add the child payment record and then check the parent record for the status.

Oh I assure you this is just one of the many wonders of the business 'logic' which exists within this solution - me I'm just the guy building the web interface to conform to the rather unique way things have been built in FMP ;-)

Thanks for the thoughts…

Cheers
Steve

Steve Winter