[FX.php List] PHP software installation manual vs. FMP Adv. Server

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 2 12:46:23 MST 2012

Hi Steve(s)

Just one other thing to add: if you'll ever be using the FileMaker API for PHP (instead of or in addition to FX.php), then you'll need to tell your PHP where to locate the API, since the FMS-installed version of PHP already has the API set in its include path.  You could change the include_path in the php.ini, or you could place the API "standalone" into the root folder of your site.

That way, you'd be able to call:
require_once 'FileMaker.php';    on your pages without any changes to the path.

(If you'll have multiple sites on the same server, changing the include_path in the php.ini probably makes more sense than having to have a copy of the standalone in each site's directory.)

HTH,
-Joel

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org