[FX.php List] [OFF] Looking for information about load-balancing

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jun 15 15:01:11 MDT 2012

I don't think I'd take them down that path... with all the files they put up, it'd be a nightmare for them.

Because of the way my client generates these reports, it would be too slow to do it dynamically in FileMaker; he tells me that the script he uses takes something like 8 minutes to generate one multi-page report.

So that's why I eventually wrote a parser in Visual Basic that takes his outputted reports, makes HTML files out of them, and then they take those and upload them to the server. Tedious, clunky, but the web app queries are super-fast because the reports aren't rendered in realtime.

But it means that they have this humongous pile of HTML files, which live on a huge RAID device.

So in an ideal world, I'd find them a host who will give them the same access to the server that they have here, and I'm sure that'd NEVER happen at a colo like Amazon.

I did find a device called the JetNEXUS that I've requested more info on...

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin