[FX.php List] Amazon Elastic Load Balancing implementation?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Jun 4 17:52:21 MDT 2012

Andrew's exactly right; a WPE can ONLY be connected to a single FileMaker server.

However, what you *can* do is to use the same WPE from other web servers. I've done that for years with one client who has his own web server hosted with us; his web app runs on his web server, but it accesses FileMaker Server through a WPE on another machine.

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
P.O. Box 3408
Brentwood, TN 37024
bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
AIM: longterm1954
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
--
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
FileMaker hosting and consulting for all versions of FileMaker