[FX.php List] FMS 12 and GetContainerDataURL FYI

Anders Monsen andersm at mac.com
Tue Jul 31 11:14:02 MDT 2012

Hesitant to post about this since it relates to the native API and not
FX, but we ran into an issue with the new remote containers and PHP
shortly before DevCon. The images just wouldn't appear using the new
GetContainerDataURL function in FileMaker 12. The issue might not be a
widespread one yet, or maybe we just didn't have the right settings to
begin with.

We discovered two key elements to resolve this issue. Neither were
obvious to us at first glance, but in case others have run into this
issue, it appears that XML web publishing needs to be turned on for the
server, not just PHP, and the fmxml privilege set must be enabled for
the account connecting to the database. The second issue pertains to the
hostspec, as defined in FileMaker >> conf >> filemaker-api.php. This has
http:// in front of 127.0.0.1, so in our connection setting, instead of
just 127.0.0.1 we needed to add the http:// and then the images showed up.

The xml issue seemed obvious once we read the url, as this includes
"/fmi/xml" in the path. Leaving off the fmxml resulted in permission
issues trying to read the image.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Regards,
Anders Monsen