[FX.php List] FX.php usable with FMS12, or only FMSA12?

Philip Lamb phil at eden.net.nz
Thu Jul 26 18:17:46 MDT 2012

Hi all,

Our little company has been a long-term user of FX.php. At present, we're running it on a FMSA 9 server. Now we'd like to update to release 12, and I need to know if FX.php still requires Server Advanced, or can be used with the vanilla Server product?

I recall that in a past transition (FileMaker 6 to FileMaker 7 I think) FX.php could no longer be used with the standard FMS product. We held off upgrading for a long time, because the cost was high and we only have a few users, but eventually shelled out the $ for FMSA9 because we had to move on.

We have only a handful of employees using the database via FileMaker clients, and occasional web queries via FX.php. We don't need the extra high-performance features of Server Advanced.

On a related note, I saw the discussion on the mailing list about the FileMaker Server bug with FX queries against layouts with portal rows. This problem would definitely affect us. I see that FMI released the 12.0v2 update a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't see anything in the release notes which addresses this bug (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11051/~/software-update%3A-filemaker-pro-12.0v2-and-filemaker-pro-12.0v2-advanced). Can anyone confirm whether 12.0v2 fixes this bug?

TIA,

Phil.