[FX.php List] [OFF] Inserting a bar into a webpage

Glyn Devine glyn.devine at quickseries.com
Wed Jul 11 08:21:00 MDT 2012

While this is not an FX question, it does relate to a project I'm doing
using FX.

I am writing an URL shortener (with a filemaker backend) for my company's
private use. I have been requested that when using one of the short URLs,
that a thin bar show up at the top of the page where the user can feedback
on whether the short URL took them to the right place.

Does anyone have a way of inserting a little bar (with an image and a couple
of links) onto someone elses webpage that then disappears? What's the best
way to do this..?

I forward the user to the long URL using good old header("Location:
$longurl"); but could do it another way if necessary.

Thanks!