[FX.php List] Updating many Records - Best Practice?

Glyn Devine glyn.devine at quickseries.com
Tue Jan 31 08:17:31 MST 2012

Hi all,

I'm writing a web-app to talk to my company's filemaker database. It's for
inventory.

The app runs a query on the products table to find the ones that we're
checking inventory for, this usually returns about 1300 records. (This
initial step takes about 3-5 seconds) I store the resultant FX array into
the user's session. I use the array to allow the web app to quickly page
through the products. The inventory numbers (3 fields - boxes, packs, units)
entered by the user are stored in the array as well.

Once all the inventory numbers are entered, I will have the user commit his
entered inventory to the filemaker database. What's the best way to update 3
fields each for 1300 records in a way that's not dead slow?
Sample/pseudo-code would be appreciated. I've never actually used FX.php to
WRITE to records before.

Thanks!
Glyn