[FX.php List] Edit multiple records/portal / how to pass the data?

Denis Somar dsomar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 09:38:14 MST 2012

Dear FXers,

I've read up on the two primary methods of editing multiple records: one
big edit via portals vs. calling FMedit in a loop for each record.

I understand portals is faster.

What I'm trying to understand and ascertain is if my edit form with each
record row is passing unique info via Submit/POST that the results page can
manage the edit process.  My edit page's generated HTML, simplified, looks
like this:

<form method="post" action"results.php">
    <input name="-recid" value="1">
    <input name="size" value="xx">
    <input name="-recid" value="4">
    <input name="size" value="yy">
    <input name="-recid" value="5">
    <input name="size" value="zz">
<input type="submit" value="Save Changes" name="submit">
</form>

I think the above is correct, but when I print_r($_POST) on the results
page, I see this:

Array
(
    [submit] => Save Changes
    [-recid] => 4
    [size] => zz
    [FoundCount] => 2
)
1

Thus I'm not sure if editing on my results page will work. Any
help/thoughts are appreciated!

Best,
Denis