[FX.php List] Best practice to prevent URL deletion of records?

Denis Somar dsomar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:06:23 MST 2012

Hi all,

I have a script returning a list of results and want the user to be able to
click a record and delete the line in the results.  It's simple enough and
I have set up FX lines to do the deletion it's done through URL parameters
ala edit.php?action=delete&id=55  This system also has a basic login
functionality so each page makes sure the user is authenticated.

My question is if there is a more elegant way of making sure the user has
the ability to delete the record, than first searching for the record with
their login details and making sure error returned is 0, THEN using the
same criteria to do another query instance but this time use
FMeDelete?????

Thanks,
Denis