[FX.php List] PHP error log tracking using PID?

Steven Thoms sthoms at wavecomm.com
Sun Feb 12 14:52:41 MST 2012

Dale, Jonathan, Everyone,

I'm so sorry. I should not have broadened the issue. My point was that
often we as FileMaker developer's need to be patient with IT people.
Likely they do not see the advantages a FileMaker application gives a
client off the the web and can be frustrated by expectations. When we
approach them and say we are building a web module for a database
application and use these tools (FMP/PHP), the obvious objection is,
why not go with standard web based application tools like MySQL, etc.
There are obvious answers to these questions. We need to be
understanding of their expectations and be prepared to help them
configure servers and logs to accommodate an unusual request. My hope
was to have Jonathan air some of the objections and obstacles he
encountered here on the forum, so future developers could be better
prepared to work with IT departments. In my experience, it can work.
But danders rise and words like heresy are used and the endeavor
becomes fraught.

I apologize and thank Steve Winter for doing what should be done on a
list; answer a question simply and concisely in hopes of building up a
body of useful information.

My crack about Windows servers was uncalled for and unproductive.

Until next time,

Steve
207 798-0171