[FX.php List] Upgrading Software

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Wed Dec 5 08:32:05 MST 2012

Hi List

I have a 2 machine setup here for databases and custom web publishing that comprises:

Database Server: Mac Min running Mac OS X 10.7.4 and FileMaker Server 11

WebServer: Mac Pro running Mac OS X 10.7.5 and FileMaker Server 11

The Custom Web Publishing is almost exclusively done with "BlackBelt" from FMWebSchool many years ago that takes the CDML pages from many years ago and runs them through FX.php to publish them online. This saved me having to rewrite many dozens of pages when FileMaker dropped support for CDML back in (was it?) Version 8.

Under our society's VLA I have FileMaker Server Advanced 12 (I only had "regular" server 11) available, and also want to upgrade both Macs to Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.

So I guess the questions are about compatibility of the all of these various elements with each other when upgraded to their latest versions?

Does FileMaker Server Advanced 12 work OK with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion?

Does the FileMaker Server Admin Console work OK with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion? It works for me with 10.7 on the Server and both 10.7 and 10.8 on the client.

Does the CDML/BlackBelt work with FileMaker Server 12 still? The published pages are nothing fancy, but they all still work as intended so I'm not excited about having to convert the all to FileMaker PHP or FX.php.

Thanks!!

Roger