[FX.php List] Related field issue

Kevin Futter KFutter at sbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 21 22:48:35 MDT 2012

Hi folks,

I've got a weird problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm pulling data out of a table in File A using FX. Today I decided I needed some data out of a field in related File B, so I put that field on the web layout of File A. I ensured all the permissions were correct at both ends, and even logged into File A as the FX web user (to which I gave 'fmapp' privileges), and the data is visible on the layout.

BUT! When I pull the data out of that layout via FX, I get an empty array element for that field. It doesn't even read the field name for the array index. In desperation, and I added a calculation field to the table in File A that resolves to the data I want from File B. Again, it passes all the tests I did for the pure related field, but still no joy. The only difference is that this time I get the field name in as the array index, but still no data.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on! Normally this sort of thing indicates a permissions issue with the related file, but I've opened everything up on both sides of the relationship, and have proved that the web user can 'see' the related data.

Any clues?

Thanks in advance,

Kev

--