[FX.php List] [off] Link formatting not working

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Aug 20 15:09:49 MDT 2012

Bob,

Maybe I lost track of the thread, but the code you listed should show
a red link...up until the the time that the link is clicked. Since
you don't specify the behavior of the visited link, it goes to the
default for the browser...usually purple.

To make it red all the time, add the parameter for "visited" to your style.

Or maybe I misunderstand the problem.

At 3:47 PM -0500 8/20/12, Bob Patin wrote:
>Hey,
>
>Check this out; this is the test page I did to see if I was truly
>losing my mind (which of course many of my friends would readily
>verify)...
>
>This is the page in its entirety:
>
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>"<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
><head>
><title>Untitled Document</title>
>a:link {
>	color: #FF0000;
>}
>a:hover {
>	color: #05B6FF;
>}
></head>

>---
>
>As you can see, there's nothing there--no reference to a stylesheet
>or anything. I would've thought that this would apply the RED color
>to any <a tag...
>
>... or in the past, when I used to not use stylesheets, maybe
>Dreamweaver put a style to all a tags and I just don't remember
>it... knowing the oddness of Dreamweaver, nothing would surprise
>me...
>
>Bob
>

>On Aug 20, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Joel Shapiro
><<mailto:jsfmp at earthlink.net>jsfmp at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Maybe you are... :)
>>
>>Or could it be that the page that your link is directed to has
>>already been viewed (even if not via the link), in which case your
>>link is not "unvisited" (the state for :link)?
>>
>>Have you tried it in a browser in which you have NOT viewed the
>>linked page?  (Or cleared your history?)
>>
>>-Joel

Jonathan Schwartz
Exit 445 Group
jonathan at exit445.com