[FX.php List] [off] Link formatting not working

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Aug 20 14:11:29 MDT 2012

On Aug 20, 2012, at 2:58 PM, BEVERLY VOTH <beverlyvoth at gmail.com> wrote:

> bob, IIRC, "a" in CSS just specifies the link when first sent to browser. The pseudo selectors - which *can* apply to more than just the "a"! (:link, :hover, etc.) are more specific and apply where needed, but you must specify them all or the browser uses it's defaults. <http://reference.sitepoint.com/css/pseudoclasses>

But in the past, before I started using separate stylesheets, I did it exactly like the test page, which failed to render properly this morning. I don't think I ever specified just a CSS format for any "a" tag, but always used "a:link..."

Maybe I'm hallucinating... :)

BP

Bob Patin
Longterm Solutions LLC
bob at longtermsolutions.com
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Twitter: bobpatin
Google+: http://www.longtermsolutions.com/plus
AIM: longterm1954
iChat: bobpatin