[FX.php List] [OFF] Malware scanning solutions for web servers

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Wed Oct 19 17:48:10 MDT 2011

Hi Folks,

Been awhile.

I have a client that has had not one, but two different episodes of malware on their web server.  This time, we found the WSO 2.5 shell script by noticing unrecognized files in a directory.

So…what scanning software do folks use to proactively search for these things?  In this case, the web files are located on a shared unix machine at a remote web host.  In other machines, it might ne OS X server.

I did try ClamXav, pointed it right at the offending file and it didn't find a problem.

Hmmmmm….