[FX.php List] Getting Valuelist with two elements in it.

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Sat May 21 19:50:24 MDT 2011

On 22/05/2011, at 9:14 AM, Thomas Myers wrote:

> I need to have a valuelist that allows me to choose from a list of
> "descriptions" but returns the record ID. I do this easily in the
> FMP Client, but don't see how to do this in FX.php.

Yeah, the value lists only seem to have one value...

Two ways I use to get around this

If the VL is drawn from a table, then I run a find on the table to
create the list on the web

Or I create a concatenated field, using either a delimiter to then
split, or fixed length IDs follwoed by variable length Descriptions:

	foreach($vlistsResult['valueLists']['Value List Name'] as $key =>
$value){
		$id = substr($value, -7);
		$sname = substr($value, 0, -10);
	}