[FX.php List] Sending carriage returns within a string into FM field

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Mar 2 16:21:03 MST 2011

Right, I'd thought of that, but actually the text is read in to variables, so it never even gets onto the page. So I was taking the value that's read from teh first table, doing some things with it, and then writing it to the 2nd table.

It did occur to me that another method would have been to move the data directly in the database with a script, but this method was working completely, except for the apostrophe problem.

I knew I'd solved this in the past, but I suspect the apostrophe was a curly quote (haven't gone back and looked)...

Glad to have it all done... clients are testing and I'm happy to have it done!

Best,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting:

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org