[FX.php List] Sending carriage returns within a string into FM field

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Mar 2 13:57:06 MST 2011

Well, merchandise and taxexempt aren't variables, they're text strings...

So

$merchandise = "merchandise";
$taxexempt = "taxexempt";
$string = $merchandise."\r\n".$taxexempt;

is the same as

$string = "merchandise\r\ntaxexempt";

... and he was right! I was pretty sure that I'd used \r\n in the past, and the difference was the double-quotes.

I used this: "merchandise\r\ntaxexempt"

and it worked perfectly.

Thanks guys,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting: