[FX.php List] One of those annoying apostrophe things...

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Mar 1 11:08:22 MST 2011

I know the answer to this, but it's failing me:

I have 2 tables; in my FX script, as I read some records in from table 1, I simultaneously loop and write them to a 2nd table. So far so good.

In table 1, let's say that the word stored is

Bob's

In the 2nd table, it persists in writing the HTML equivalent, which is

Bob’s

Not that it doesn't look nice or anything... :)

I know I dealt with this many times in the past, but my mind seems unable to access that tidbit of memory.

I tried addslashes() but that didn't fix it; I also tried htmlentities(); clearly these are not the command I'm looking for.

Someone please help me to get this right; I know it's something simple, but I can't seem to remember it.

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting: