[FX.php List] The skinny on includes

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Jun 21 13:41:32 MDT 2011

Here's my question:

At the top of my page, when I'm including the FX.php function page and my DB config page, which should I use:

include
include_once
require
require_once

I saw a post the other day where someone said that include_once takes something like 10x longer to process; true?

All this time I've been using "include_once" and now I'm wondering if I've been needlessly slowing things down.

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting: