[FX.php List] [Offish] PDF generation

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Wed Feb 16 12:18:50 MST 2011

Hey Joel...

I wasn't planing on taking to mPDF itself with the pruning saw, just all the other extraneous files, folders and lord knows what all else :-)

That said, your suggestion of contacting the developer is a good one, since he may be more easily able to identify the 'core' files than me and may also be interested in a 'deployment' package rather than a 'development' one...

I'll let you know how I get one...

Cheers
Steve

Sent from the iPhone of Steve Winter
Matatiro Solutions
steve at matatirosolutions.co.uk
+44 777 852 4776

On 16 Feb 2011, at 18:56, Joel Shapiro <jsfmp at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hey Steve
>
> When I was playing w/ mPDF (testing out rotated tables, as discussed some here in thread "printable very wide table?"), the only file I needed to reference was mpdf.php (plus my own css file).  mpdf.php is a hefty 1.1MB, but it's no 30MB.
>
> Before trying to trim the file down on your own, you might want to check in w/ the developer (through the forum on his website).  I asked him a couple questions and he was very responsive.
>
> Cheers,
> -Joel
>

> On Feb 15, 2011, at 11:27 PM, Steve Winter wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephen
>>
>> Take valid XHTML document styled with CSS, push it through some process with as little work as humanly possible, end up with a PDF that looks pretty much identical... for this gig it's nothing too complex, and the recommendations both on and off list of mPDF are good, and I had settled on using that, till I downloaded it and found I ended up with with 242 files, totalling just under 30Mb... what on earth is that about...??
>>
>> I took a look at https://github.com/mreiferson/php-wkhtmltox/blob/master/README which looks really promising however I can't get it to compile, and it requires installations on the server, rather than being able to be deployed through source code upload.
>>
>> Based on what I've seen and read, I think cleaning out all the 'cruft' in mPDF to get it down to a sensible size is the way forward...
>>
>> Cheers
>> Steve
>>
>> On 16 Feb 2011, at 02:13, Stephen Grant wrote:
>>
>>> There's a variety of methods for PDF generation available;
>>> Tell me a bit more about your requirements; we've probably got an existing
>>> library that can help.

>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org