[FX.php List] Nagging FX problem

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Apr 6 09:56:06 MDT 2011

OK, I've done value-list-based pulldowns a thousand times... this time it refuses to work:

I have the value list on a field on my web layout;

I have a list called "Team"; it has a half-dozen values;

In my page I have this:

AT THE TOP:
$vl = new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort);
$vl->SetDBData('bps_Service.fp7','web');
$vl->SetDBPassword($wpw,$un);
$vlResult = $vl->FMView();

I echoed an errorCode for the above, and got 0; interestingly, a foundcount returns -1... maybe that's normal for value lists, I don't know.

IN THE BODY OF THE PAGE:
<select name="technician" class="bodytext">
 <?php
foreach($vlResult['valueLists']['Team'] as $key=>$value) {
?>
<option value="<?php echo $value; ?>"><?php echo $value; ?></option>
<?php
    	}
?>
  </select>

I've probably done this 50 times, never had any trouble; this is using FMS 10... other data on the page loads just fine, from the same web layout.

Help appreciated... my day is getting away from me!

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com
iChat: bobpatin
FileMaker 9, 10 & 11 Certified Developer
Expert FileMaker Consulting
PHP • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation • Consulting: