[FX.php List] error 802 when server is stressed?

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 02:40:43 MDT 2010

Here is my solution to this problem( 802 and 503 errors)

$ sudo su

# crontab -e

paste the following
---
59      *       *       *       *       /Library/FileMaker\
Server/Web\ Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpe-tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh;sync;sleep
2;/Library/FileMaker\ Server/Web\
Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpe-tomcat/bin/startup.sh; sync; sleep
2;/Library/FileMaker\ Server/Web\
Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpe-tomcat/bin/startup.sh;mail -s "MT
WPE relaunched" gjermund at marinetrans.com
---
press <esc> :wq

# crontab -l
should out put the following
---
WPE relaunched" gjermund at marinetrans.com
---

it appears this solution is helpfull for day to day to keep WPE
service alive on bigger solutions

however I have experienced
---
<title>503 Service Temporarily Unavailable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Service Temporarily Unavailable</h1>
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems. Please try again later.</p>
---
instead of the regular FM XML result set... the only way to cope with
that is to close all files and restart FMS services in the admin
panel, all users have to be kicked out obviously, then restart FMS and
WPE.

hth,

ggt

>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org