[FX.php List] [Off] Obtaining daylight vs standard time within FileMaker

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Thu Nov 18 19:17:30 MST 2010

This isn't a PHP question. If it were I'd already know the answer.

The email plugin that we use inside of FileMaker was recently "upgraded" and one of the new features is that it no longer automatically supplies the Date: header time. Instead I have to add that item myself. It's easy enough to do, but depending on whether it's Daylight Savings Time or Standard Time, I need to have the time zone atom be either "-0700" or "-0800".

I don't see a function in FileMaker that returns whether it's PST or PDT, but certainly this is something that the OS (MacOS) is aware of. How do I ask it?

How might this determined inside of FileMaker? I really do NOT want to use a date-based calculation that will be obsolete when they change their minds again when the shift will occur.

Ideas? -- Thanks.

-Troy