[FX.php List] Re: FX.php_List Digest, Vol 76, Issue 2

Bradley Creamer creamerbradley at fhda.edu
Tue Nov 2 10:36:08 MDT 2010

Andrew,

You, my friend, are my hero. I tried your (very logical and good)
suggestion, but it didn't work. :-) However, it got me thinking and I
typed in the *right* keywords into Google and found:

http://jonathanstark.com/blog/2009/09/02/how-to-delete-a-found-set-with-filemaker-php/

... which added a few more steps.

Adding the "Set Error Capture [Off]" before the "Delete All Records"
script... then the "Show All Records" THEN "Show Omitted Only".

Jonathan Stark (related to Tony?) gives a good explanation for the steps.

So, I tried these out and my script runs perfectly. I love it so much,
I'm putting it in the main menu for all users! With no safe-guards
whatsoever! Delete away!

 >:-)

Bradley

On 11/2/2010 12:45 AM, fx.php_list-request at mail.iviking.org wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:58:29 -0500
> From: Andrew Denman<adenman at tmea.org>
> Subject: RE: [FX.php List] Script executes, but hangs web page
> To: FX.php Discussion List<fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org>
>
> Shooting in the dark here as I've only run scripts online to add records: Could FileMaker be hanging because it expects to return records, but after the script there are no records? What happens if you do a 'show all' at the end of the script, or otherwise find a record to return?
>
> Andrew Denman

De Anza Web Team / Technology Resources Group (TRG)
webteam at deanza.edu <mailto:webteam at deanza.edu>